Thursday, March 22, 2007

Homework: Thursday, 22 March 2007


With your language partner, read the sample essay on page 58:

(i) Find the thesis statement and determine whether you think all the paragraphs develop this thesis statement.

(ii) Find the example in the essay and determine whether you think they help you understand the essay better.

(iii) Find the “perfect” verbs in the essay and determine why they are used in the way they are.

(iv) Determine whether you think the author has explained the topic adequately. Would you suggest any additions to this essay.


I know we did not cover "perfect" verbs in class today but I suspect based on past experience that none of you will have any problems with them. If you do have any problems do contact me and I will try and pretend I know what they are and how you can determine why they are used in the way they are in a particular piece of writing. They are, by the way, covered in this weeks chapter of the textbook .

No comments: