Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Song of the Week 2: The Letter


For today's Song of the Week in this week or two of 'Song's of the Week' dedicated to genres of writing we have not covered in class I have chosen "The Letter" as covered by British R&B legend Joe Cocker.

This version was recorded live in concert in 1970 on the infamous Mad Dogs & Englishmen tour of the United States.

Enjoy (or else)!!

The Letter:
Joe Cocker


Give me a ticket for an airoplane
Ain’t got time to take no fast train
Oh,the lonely days are gone
I’ll be right home
My baby she wrote me a letter

I don't care how much money i got to spend
I won't find my way home again
oh the lonely days are gone
I’ll be right home
my baby, she wrote me a letter

she wrote me a letter
said she couldn't live with out me no more
listen to me mister don't you ever
my baby once more,
Anyway..etc....

No comments: