Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Assignment 2: "Poverty"


It was pointed out to me today that I had not posted information about the second assignment (due next week!!!) on the blog.

Although I know, of course, that given that you are all such great students you will have looked up the details of the assignment in the Powerpoint Presentation for Class 1: Week 7, I thought I would post the details here. So....

For your second assignment I would like you to:

Write an essay of between 750 and 1,000 words explaining the causes / and or effects of poverty in a region, country - or area or community within a country - of your choice.

While it will be expected that you will use ‘documentary data’ gathered from the internet, you may also choose to use data such as:

(i) interviews

(ii) personal observations (if have had any or can make some) ;

(iii) recollections of experiences past observations /or conversations


Remember, as this is your second assignment and the first I will assess try and be careful when doing your final edit. Read through sime of the suggestion made in earlier lectures about editing your work (i.e. reading it aloud, giving it to your learning partner to read; editing it once for 'nemesis' errors.

Also include a bibliography and any references if you decide to use sources not inside your head that cannot be considered 'public knowledge'.

If you have any questions, please call.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I just wanted to say that I was here. :) I also found that most of the post were made early morning(or more like dawn).

Unknown said...

Ah... I see that the blogspot time doesn't match with Korean time(10PM = 6AM)

Dr Simon Combe said...

Young-Seuk,

Yes, I need to do something about changing the time on my computer. I have changed it before but it keeps changing back. I am glad to know, by the way, that you are "here".

Simon

Unknown said...

what is 'sime' by the way? lol