Monday, June 4, 2007

Song of the Week 1: Got To Get A Message To You


This week's first Song of the Week dedicated to genres not touched in our class is I've Got To Get A Message To You.. Written by Barry Gibb and performed by Barry and his brothers Maurice and Robin in their group the Bee Gees in 1968.

The song is a plea from a man condemned to die in the electric chair, to the prison chaplain to pass a final message on to his wife

Enjoy {if you can)

I've Got To Get A Message To You
Bee Gees / Barry Gibb


The preacher talked to me and he smiled,
Said, come and walk with me, come and walk one more mile.
Now for once in your life you’re alone,
But you ain’t got a dime, there’s no time for the phone.

I've just got to get a message to you, hold on, hold one.
One more hour and my life will be through, hold on, hold on.

I told him I’m in no hurry,
But if I broke her heart, wont you tell her I’m sorry,
And for once in my life I’m alone,
And I’ve got to let her know just in time before I go.

I've just go to get a message ….

Well I laughed but that didn’t hurt,
And its only her love that keeps me wearing this dirt,
Now I’m crying but deep down inside,
Well I did it to him, now its my turn to die.

I've just go to get a message ….

No comments: